The Ithaca College Department of Psychology (located in Ithaca, NY) invites applications for a tenure-eligible Assistant Professor position to begin August 2020. This position will focus on human development. Teaching responsibilities will include a developmental psychology research course, a lecture course in developmental psychology, Statistics, a psychology capstone course, with other courses as needed. The successful applicant will have dedicated laboratory space to establish a research program that will include undergraduate students. The successful applicant will have dedicated laboratory space to establish a research program that will include undergraduate students. The URL for the Developmental Psychology position is ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/16687<nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fithaca.peopleadmin.com%2Fpostings%2F16687&data=02%7C01%7Crader%40ithaca.edu%7Cb9e9cec703fa407228e808d746b26723%7Cfa1ac8f65e5448579f0b4aa422c…>
Preference will be given to individuals who hold a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology or a related field by August 2020. Special consideration will be given to applicants who have teaching experience and who demonstrate the potential to succeed as a researcher. Applicants whose work demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education are particularly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants must apply online at ithaca.peopleadmin.com/<nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fithaca.peopleadmin.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Crader%40ithaca.edu%7Cb9e9cec703fa407228e808d746b26723%7Cfa1ac8f65e5448579f0b4aa422c09689%7C0%7C0%7…> and attach the following documents:
1. a cover letter that addresses your interest in this particular position
2. a current and complete curriculum vitae
3. a statement of teaching philosophy
4. evidence of teaching effectiveness (syllabi, peer and/or student teaching evaluations)
5. a statement of research plans
6. a statement on inclusive excellence indicating your past experiences, current interests, engagement and/or future goals to promote a climate of inclusive excellence,
7. and the names and contact information of three references.