Assistant/Associate Professor of Developmental Sciences
Department of Educational Psychology
College of Education and Human Development
College Station, TX
Texas A&M University’s Department of Educational Psychology (EPSY) is seeking applicants for a position at the Assistant/Associate level with expertise in neurobiology as it relates to learning and development. The successful candidate will be housed in the Developmental Sciences (DS) program within the Learning Sciences division in EPSY and expected to help bridge the fields of developmental science, education and neurobiology. The department of Educational Psychology and College of Education and Human Development are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching, and/or service.
1. Earned a doctorate in education, psychology, or related field with expertise in child or adolescent development or learning prior to appointment.
2. Emerging/developed trajectory of relevant and impactful research and dissemination activity, including a record of peer-refereed journal articles related to developmental psychobiology.
3. Experience with externally funded projects and collaborative, interdisciplinary, research teams.
4. University-level teaching experience via traditional and/or online instructional delivery formats.
5. Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and related initiatives.
The successful candidate will develop and teach graduate courses in educational psychology preferably from a neurobiological perspective; conduct research, using biometrics, relevant to learning and/or development; advise and serve on graduate student committees; pursue and manage extramural funding; and contribute meaningful service at department, college, and university levels. The candidate will also be expected to engage in outreach activities and service to the profession at levels consistent with a research-intensive university.
This is a nine-month, tenure track position with an anticipated start date of September 1, 2022. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and includes a competitive startup package.
Application and Review:
Interested applicants should submit the following:
– Cover letter
– Research statement
– Teaching statement
– Current curriculum vita
– Names/contact information of three references from whom we could request information or letters if needed.
Review of complete applications by the Search Committee will begin October 1, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. Application materials can be submitted electronically at the following site: interfolio.com. For more information, please email the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Jeffrey Gagne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Texas A&M System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.