The successful candidate will provide research coordination, management, and technical support for a NIH-funded longitudinal project on early language development. The position will be based in the Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences Department at Purdue University, in West Lafayette, Indiana. The position involves occasional duties outside of the laboratory (2-4 x per month), which may include travel to our community laboratory in Indianapolis, and participation in community recruitment and outreach activities.
Dr. Borovsky is committed to the further development of the candidate’s research skills and potential, and prior laboratory coordinators and students have an excellent track record of gaining entry into graduate programs in a variety of fields. The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their research interests and technical skills. The research assistant will join a collegial community of researchers who study language development and disorders, and will have the opportunity to interact with other faculty, graduate students, research associates, and speech-language pathologists.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication disorders, cognitive science, psychology, linguistics or related field
- Experience in a research setting involving development, language or health.
- Demonstrated interest in language development research
- Meticulous attention to detail, well-organized, and ability to work independently and
- Excellent time management skills and ability to organize priorities among multiple tasks
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Comfort in interacting with young children and their caregivers in a research setting
Must have additionally have experience in at least one of the following
- Developing / running studies using eye-tracking and/or ERP methods
- Scripting / programming experience
- Ability to create and edit multiple audio, video and image file formats
- Ability to develop/code psycholinguistics experiments Experience with statistical analysis and data visualization
- Experience with data management tools