NC Child is seeking a graduate student for this paid Research Assistant position to work directly with the Health Program Director. The Research Assistant will support data collection and analysis to improve advocacy by, with, and for families who rely on Medicaid for their oral health care.
Deadline to apply: January 31, 2022. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled, so interested students are encouraged to apply early.
About NC Child
NC Child builds a strong North Carolina by advancing public policies to ensure that all children—whatever their race, ethnicity, or place of birth—have the opportunity to thrive. NC Child is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Raleigh, NC. NC Child is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of all backgrounds & identities to apply for this position.
|Position Type:||Part-Time / Temporary, no more than 30 hours per week|
|Compensation:||$25 per hour|
|Length of Position:||45 weeks|
|Reports to:||Health Program Director|
|Position Summary||NC Child is seeking a graduate student for this paid Research Assistant position to work directly with the Health Program Director. The Research Assistant will support data collection and analysis to improve advocacy by, with, and for families who rely on Medicaid for their oral health care.|
More than 40% of all children in North Carolina rely on Medicaid & NC Health Choice for their health care. This position is part of a multi-year initiative at NC Child to improve the dental health care children & their families receive through these vital health coverage programs. NC Child will interview and survey parents whose children are served by Medicaid to understand how parents define both value and quality in their family’s health care. This project will inform our oral health policy efforts over the next three years.
NC Child is seeking a graduate student/ graduate-level researcher for this Assistantship to work directly with NC Child’s Health Program Director. The Research Assistant will support data collection and analysis for the community oral health surveys. They will also support outreach and engagement of respondents and community-based health centers.
Specific tasks may include:
- Collecting and analyzing data from surveys and follow-up interviews;
- Producing written analyses of data trends;
- Help plan meetings with community-based health centers across the state; and
- Other necessary project-specific tasks as they arise.
Candidates should demonstrate the following required skills and/or traits.
- A strong commitment to NC Child’s mission and core values, including racial equity.
- Interest in participatory, community-driven research.
- Candidate must be a graduate student with experience in research and quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Careful attention to detail to ensure accuracy of datasets.
The Research Assistantship is a part-time position (approximately 30 hours/week). NC Child is amenable to reduced hours to secure the best candidate for this position. NC Child staff work both remotely and in the office, with mask requirements and social distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines. This position will be remote (work from home).
How to Apply
- After reviewing the full position description, please complete the application form using the button linked below.
- You will need to upload your resume and a short writing sample. The writing sample should demonstrate your ability to write about data in a way that is accessible for a non-technical audience.
- Your resume and short writing sample should be no more than two pages each.
- The resume and short writing sample should be uploaded as .doc, .docx, or .pdf files. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline to Apply: January 31, 2022
The job posting can be found here: https://ncchild.org/careers/research-assistant/?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=0a3dbebc-8d19-4994-8468-0bd3dc1d6f47