Membership in the International Congress of Infant Studies is open to anyone with an advanced degree in any discipline related to infant development. The society maintains a listserve for the exclusive use of its members where announcements and/or questions can be posted to the membership.
All ICIS members benefit from an online subscription to Infancy, the official journal of the International Congress of Infant Studies. Additional membership benefits include:
- Opportunity to submit proposals and abstracts for sessions at the bi-ennial Congress
- Opportunity to register for Bi-ennial and Virtual ICIS Congresses at reduced registration rates
- Complimentary access ICIS supported webinars and workshops
- Ability to view ICIS supported webinars and workshops on demand through the member only area of the website
- Access to the member resource database
- Professional development and networking
- Access and ability to respond directly to job opportunity postings
- Ability to post job opportunities
- Access to online ICIS resources and Annual Congress proceedings
- Opportunity to vote in Elections of ICIS Board members
- Opportunity to stand for election to, and serve on, the ICIS Board of Directors
- Ability to make donations to fund student support initiatives
- Opportunity to nominate and/or be considered for awards
- Opportunity to be considered for awards with partner organizations including Federation of Associations in Behavioral & Brain Sciences
- Regular email updates and notices
- 25% discount on Wiley and Wiley-Blackwell books at www.wiley.com
Statement of Community
The International Congress of Infant Studies (ICIS) provides a context for the dissemination of research methods and findings on psychological development during infancy and early childhood and supports open intellectual discussion about theory, research, and practice. The Congress is committed to serving the needs of all ICIS members, inclusive of career stage, theoretical orientation, methodological practice, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical appearance, ethnicity/race or country of origin, religion, and political views. ICIS expects all attendees at our meetings and events to treat each other with mutual respect.
- Regular Member: individuals who are active investigators in the field of infant development.
- Early Career Members: individuals who are within five (5) years of their terminal degree.
- Student Members: individuals enrolled in any full-time, degree granting programs at an institution of higher learning
- Developing Nations: individuals who currently residing in a country identified on the World Bank list of developing nations, please contact the Secretariat for the discounted membership code.
- Emeritus Members: individuals who have been members of ICIS for 20 years or more and have retired from their position at their university/affiliated organization. Please contact the Secretariat for confirmation of status.
- New Members: individuals who have not been a member of ICIS since 2014
Financial support for membership
ICIS wants to ensure that membership fees do not unduly restrict who is able to join our society. If you are experiencing significant financial hardship and would not otherwise be able to afford to be a member of ICIS, please fill out THIS FORM and the membership committee will review your request to have your membership fee waived this year.
The ICIS membership term runs for 1 or 2 years from January 1 through December 31. Current membership dues are as follows in USD. Please note that the payment processor for all financial transactions is located in Canada and your credit card may charge you for an international transaction.
Dues 1-year membership
Regular Member – 1yr: $80
Early Career Member – 1yr: $65
Student Member – 1yr: $55
Developing Nations – 1 yr: $55
Emeritus Member – Lifetime: Free
New Member Dues 1-year membership
Regular Member – 1yr: $65
Early Career Member – 1yr: $55
Student Member – 1yr: $45
Developing Nations – 21yr: $45
Dues 2-year membership
Regular Member – 2yr: $145
Early Career Member – 2yr: $115
Student Member – 2yr: $75
Developing Nations – 2 yr: $75
New Member Dues 2-year membership
Regular Member – 2yr: $120
Early Career Member – 2yr: $95
Student Member – 2yr: $60
Developing Nations – 2 yr: $60
ICIS has migrated to an updated Membership software, therefore your renewal process will be a little different this year. Click the Renew button below.
On the landing page select the “Forgot Password” link under the “Forgot Password” heading. Enter your current email related to your membership account (this is the email you are receiving this mail at), and you will be sent an email with instructions to reset your password. Please note, the reset email may take up to 30 minutes to arrive in your inbox Once you have created your new password, you can log-in to your Conference Manager Dashboard. These credentials will also be required for submitting an abstract and registering for the conference.
The center tile of the dashboard will say Membership Enrollment – click the link that says, “Enroll Now”. Once you select the appropriate membership type, you will have the option to pay online with a VISA, Mastercard, American Express or Discover credit card via our secure payment processer. If you would prefer to pay via phone, fax, mail or electronic funds transfer, you will find the necessary information listed.
You will also be able to update your profile with your social media information as well as participate in the members’ directory.
If you are not a current member, please click the button below and create an account.
On the landing page, select “create user profile” under the New User heading. After you create your account, you will use your email, and new password to log into the system. These credentials will also be required for submitting an abstract and registering for the conference.
Once you have created your account, or logged in, you will be taken to your account dashboard. The center tile of the dashboard will say Membership Enrollment – click the link that says, “Enroll Now”. Once you select the appropriate membership type, you will have the option to pay online with a VISA, Mastercard, American Express or Discover credit card via our secure payment processer. If you would prefer to pay via phone, fax, mail or electronic funds transfer, you will find the necessary information listed.
If any of the above information is unclear, or you are having difficulties with membership, please email our secretariat to ensure your membership is processed accordingly.